09.00 – 09.30 Registration
09.30 – 09.40 Welcome and Introduction by Chairman Barry Watson, Blandford Forum
09.40 – 09.45 Welcome Speech by Önder Havuzlu / Cem Odaman, Profen
09.45 – 10.00 ‘Satcom Market Overview’ by Cenk Şen, Türksat*
10.00 – 10.15 ‘Regulatory Overview’ by Head of Information and Communication Technologies Authority Ömer Abdullah Karagözoğlu*
10.15 – 10.30 Speech # 1 by Deputy Minister of Transport and Infrastructure, Dr. Ömer Fatih Sayan*
10.30 – 10.45 Speech # 2 by Head of Digital Transformation Office, Dr. Ali Taha Koç*
10.45 – 11.00 Plaque Award Ceremony
Statements to stimulate your thoughts:
• HTS: does it need Q/V- band Technology to mature?
• Where is the best growth: GEO/HTS or LEO/ MEO?
• Will successful GEO HTS/ VHTS + LEO/ MEO lead to a Satellite renaissance: an Epoch?
• Renaissance in Satcom is led by the Mobile Market: Land, Aero, and Marine connectivity, data applications, and forthcoming 5G!
• Collaboration / Consolidation in the Market – Mergers and Acquisitions are stories to unfold!
• How many players is the right number?
• Constellation Control and Interference aspects?
• And consideration of 5G technology and benefits for Satellite?
• Lack of Spectrum: 5G, will it kill off C-band for Satellite?
• ‘Satellite ‘to step out of the shadows?
• Managing Broadcast Systems and Broadband Architecture!
• Where will Satellite fit-in the delivery of 5G functionality?
• Small Satellite (NGSO) constellations in the M2M /IoT regime.
• New Applications: 5G Networking with Cellular and Satellite Solutions: what standards for Backhaul?
• Who will use it and when – HTS and 5G /IoT Operations?
• Who will pay for it? – Lower CAPEX / REDUCED OPEX?
• How important is LATENCY in evolving satellite systems networks; will SpaceX / ONEWEB / TELESAT / LEOSAT have an advantage?
• Where is the best growth: GEO/HTS or LEO/ MEO, or hybrids?
• Lack of Spectrum; 5G, will it kill off C-band for Satellite?
• Now auctioning well to MNO’s, eg. Italy, where else?